July 23, 2021
The Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) will no longer offer the TexFlexSM Commuter Spending Account (CSA) after August 31, 2021. Below is some important information about this change:
- If you are currently enrolled, your last CSA contribution and administration fee will be deducted in August.
- Parking CSA participants have until December 31, 2021 to submit any reimbursement requests for expenses incurred through August 31, 2021.
- Transit CSA participants have until August 31, 2021 to use remaining funds.
- All reimbursement requests should be submitted to WageWorks.
- You can continue to use the TexFlex debit card through August 31, 2021. The card will be deactivated on September 1. We recommend that you shred your card after August 31.
- If you have a balance of $10 or more in your transit or parking account after December 31, 2021, you will receive a refund of those funds less any applicable taxes by January 31, 2022. More information on the refunds will be available in December.
- Because CSA contributions were pre-tax, refunds will be subject to tax.
We recommend that you log into your account at www.TexFlexERS.com and check your CSA balance(s). Remember, the last day you can file claims for your parking CSA funds is December 31, 2021. The last day you can submit claims and use the debit card for the transit account is August 31, 2021.
If you have questions, please call TexFlex Customer Care at WageWorks toll-free at (844) 884–2364 (TTY:711). Representatives are available to assist you Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. You can also visit the CSA FAQs page for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
March 31, 2020
As state agencies implement health and safety measures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), some employees are moving to remote work status. If your daily commute is impacted by these actions and you experience reduced or eliminated daily commute expenses, you should consider reviewing your Commuter Spending Account (CSA) contributions to make sure your election still fits your needs.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you review your CSA account and election options:
- The TexFlex CSA is a month-to-month program. This means you can change your contribution amount or disenroll from the program at any time. Elections must be made by the last business day of the month so the monthly contribution can be deducted the following pay period. Example: Changes made by March 31 are processed by April 30 and are deducted from your May 1 paycheck.
- Excess balances over $3 carry over month-to-month and you can use funds as long as you are actively employed. Balances of $3 or less will be forfeited.
- The IRS limits commuter reimbursement to $270 per month regardless of your account balance. Any unused amount exceeding $3 will carryover each month.
If you'd like to check the balance on your card, please visit TexFlexERS.com. If you have questions, please call TexFlex Customer Care toll–free at (844) 884–2364, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
March 26, 2020
For 2020, the IRS has increased the Parking and Transit election amount to $270.
TexFlex Customer Care
(844) 884-2364 toll-free
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT
- TexFlex account questions
- Claim reimbursement status
- TexFlex debit card
Claims Address:WageWorks, LLC.
P.O. Box 34700
Louisville, KY 40232
Overnight Mail:5200 Commerce Crossings,
Louisville, KY 40229